AdmissionsAdmission Requirements Application Procedures Tuition and Fees Financial Aid
Related LinksAdmission Testing Schedule TOEFL Test Dates TOEFL Official Site SAT Official Site
DownloadsApplication Form Health Form IUGB Highlights IUGB Highlights-FrenchAcademic Calendar 2013-2014
IUGB recruits from among the large pool of talented and high potential students in West Africa and beyond. Over the next five years enrollment is expected to expand rapidly in response to growing demand and the university’s aggressive strategy for extending this opportunity to deserving high school graduates throughout the region.
The Admissions Office processes all applications and recommends placement in either the Pre Undergraduate Program or the appropriate University level to the Admissions committee on the basis of internal testing and interviews.
Students must be enrolled in the university in order to receive credit for successfully completed courses. Non-credit-bearing courses are open to the public. Some students start at IUGB through courses in Continuing Education, and then later apply to enroll as IUGB students.
All courses are taught in English.
For admission in the Pre-Undergraduate Program, students must complete the application process as detailed below and complete the specified placement examinations. These include English, Mathematics, Technology and an oral interview.
Students may be accepted directly into these schools upon completion of the Baccalaureate or other end of secondary school certification, declaration of a major and successful completion of IUGB placement exams. Students may transfer from another university that is using the U.S. model of higher education. These students must obtain an acceptable score on the TOEFL® (Test of English as a Foreign Language) before transferring to IUGB partner schools for the degree.
Items Required for Application
Due one week before classes start
- Completed Pre-Registration Form
- Certified transcripts showing at least the results of the last year from the last educational institution
- The completed IUGB application form
- Scores from TOEFL® or any other standardized exam (if available, for University level entrance)
- 4 color ID photos of passport quality (1.5 x1.25 inches or 38 x32 mm.)
- A photocopy of the student’s ID document, and that of the father, mother or legal guardian
- The non-refundable application fee of 50,000 F CFA (payable in cash or certified check only)
- A certified photocopy of the definitive certificate of authentication of the BAC issued by the DECO (RCI), or of other proof of completion of secondary school (school-leaving certificate, diploma, or other equivalent)
While space remains
- Applications are accepted at any time
- A student must complete the entire admissions process prior to starting classes
- Students may not enter courses after 20% of the semester has elapsed
- Students may begin classes in any of the three “semesters” offered each year: September, January, May.