A. Program Overview
The Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) program aims at training qualified professionals and managers who will be able to meet the development challenges of Côte d’Ivoire and West Africa. The BBA at IUGB provides students with extensive business knowledge and skills which allows them to be problem-solving oriented, effective critical thinkers and communicators, and capable of engaging with various stakeholders in the local, regional and global business environment. The program is designed to follow the standards of higher education accreditation bodies, such as the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB).
Although the BBA program covers all aspects of Business Administration, it allows students to get an in-depth understanding of specific fields through its concentrations in: Accounting,Economics, Entrepreneur ship, Finance, Management and Marketing. All students enrolled in this graduate program with a Bachelor of Business Administration.
- BBA with a Concentration in Accounting
- BBA with a Concentration in Economics
- BBA with a Concentration in Entrepreneurship
- BBA with a Concentration in Finance
- BBA with a Concentration in Management
- BBA with a Concentration in Marketing
B. Learning Outcomes
Graduates from the BBA program will have the ability to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of the fundamental concepts in the main field of business and
their respective sub-fields of concentration.
- Demonstrate real world problem solving skills by using appropriate analytical and
quantitative tools or techniques.
- Know about current local and global issues and trends in business.
- Use of information and communication technologies to support business activities and
- Analyze and interpret basic quantitative business information.
- Be effective participants and contributors in team-related work in order to achieve the
- Be effective communicators.
In addition to competencies acquired in the BBA program, students choosing the BBA with a
Concentration in Entrepreneurship will demonstrate the abilities and skills below:
- Develop a desire/passion and a spirit to be an entrepreneur.
- Develop the skills required to identify and launch new business ventures.
- Understand entrepreneurship concepts
C. Career PROSPECTS
Graduates from the BBA program will have a broad knowledge and a solid understanding of the fundamental activities of a company. They will have received a well-rounded business education preparing them to embrace business careers at various levels and positions in large corporations, small and medium-sized businesses, and public organizations. Students majoring in the BBA program with its various concentrations generally have a high degree of employability. Career options may cover areas such as: Accounting, business analysis, business development, corporate finance, innovation and entrepreneurship, management, marketing, organizational economics, etc. Students graduating in all concentrations of the BBA program (and especially in the Concentration in Entrepreneurship) will have the necessary skills and competencies to create a new company, manage and expand existing organizations.