A. Program Overview
The West African region his now known to be have very good potential for oil and gas discoveries at commercial quantities. The production and commercialization of recent hydrocarbon findings in Senegal, Côte d’Ivoire and Ghana will need practically oriented well trained scientist and engineers.
The goal of the MET major is to provide students with a well-rounded, fundamental and application-oriented education focused on the knowledge of existing and new developments in the area. Graduates of the Bachelor degree will develop the theoretical and practical knowledge and skills necessary for appropriate careers in local and national industries. To achieve this mission, the MET program is committed to attaining the following goals for all students:
- Provide a career-oriented program that prepares students for productive
- Emphasize the latest technological advancements in computer-aided drafting, design, and manufacturing. Students should be able to apply problem-solving techniques and critical thinking skills at the level required for their professional
- Gain experience in the application of computer software to analyze and design mechanical systems and automated manufacturing
- Pursue graduate degrees and life-long The programs are designed to satisfy the educational needs of the West African region by providing a climate that fosters self-awareness, personal growth, and a desire for lifelong learning.
B. Program Learning Outcomes-ILO’s
Once our students are out in the workforce they should be able to:
- Engage in applications oriented design, manufacturing, and management of mechanical systems, including computer‐aided design and manufacturing, and all the technical and economic variables affecting
- Work competently in technical and professional careers related to the field of Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Function effectively both as an individual and as a member of project
- Use oral, written and computer‐based communication technology to make presentations, construct reports and exchange technical information about mechanical systems design and manufacturing
- Continue growth in professional knowledge and the ability to function appropriately in a diverse and changing business environment
- Apply the highest professional and ethical standards to their activities in the mechanical and manufacturing
- Understand the local, national and global issues related to the development and application of mechanical systems and to be considerate of the impact of these issues in the West African cultural